This course will equip participants with the knowledge for understanding and mastering the application, principles and requirements of IEC 61508 – Functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety systems and IEC 61511 – Functional Safety: Safety Instrumented Systems for the Process Sector.
Will cover process hazard analysis and associated risk management using the most popular and internationally adopted methods and tools. Such hazards can lead to loss of life, damage to their asset, loss of production and profitability, damage to the environment and company reputation. Participants will be introduced to the concepts of the main international standards that cover this area of risk assessment and risk reduction.
- The principles and concepts of the internationally agreed standards IEC 61508 Ed 2 and IEC 61511 for safety instrumented systems (SIS)
- Learning how to identify process and operational hazards and the principles of hazard and operability (HAZOP) studies
- Setting tolerable risk targets for safety, your asst and the environment and methods to achieve these targets
- How to set up, use and apply the most popular safety integrity level (SIL) risk assessment methods such as risk graphs, risk matrices and layers of protection analysis (LOPA)
- SIL determination for process hazards protection SIS and mitigation systems such as fire and gas
Who should attend
Instrument Engineers, Process Engineers and Safety Engineers as well as Operating and Maintenance personnel who are involved in any of the lifecycle phases for safety instrumented systems.