This 5-day training course has been specially developed to provide participants with the tools and concepts necessary to ensure a uniform high quality level of workmanship through all phases of construction, including planning, design, construction, and handover. Participants will learn to be proactive in approach, to anticipate problems and take corrective action before they occur. The course will teach current practice in construction quality control through narrative explanation, case studies and workshops.
Participants will know how to ensure the Quality and efficiency by maintaining supervised controls at specific stages of the project; how to establish clearly defined responsibility and authority for specification compliance; how to meet contractual requirements by conformance to codes, standard and applicable documents.
At the end of the course, the participants will know the following:
- Overview of the of a construction quality control & assurance program.
- Understanding the organizational structure, functional responsibility, levels of authority and controls for a typical construction organization
- Job instructions governing quality control procedures and practices.
- Maintaining supervised controls on various quality aspects
- How to meet contractual requirements by conformance to applicable standards
- Maintain accurate records of inspections and test
- To know the construction planning and scheduling
- Liaisoning & co-ordination of sub-contracted works.
- Progress monitoring, handing delays, Catch-up plans
- Handling site meetings and reviews
- Inspection and quality management
- Deficiency lists, Completing the balance jobs
- Defect liability period and final acceptance
Who should Attend
The course will be of major use for those professionals responsible for Quality Control & Assurance at construction projects, including architects, engineers, project managers, construction managers, contractors, and owners.